In 1856 the Germano family owned
6 hectares of land in Cerretta, which is one of the most important crus of Serralunga d'Alba, in the heart of the Barolo
area. Francis with his son Alberto cultivated the vineyard, producing small amounts of wine but mainly selling the grapes.
Hector, Alberto's son, carried on the work with the vines becoming a skilled grafter. In 1964 he married Rosanne
and they continued the work, buying some land bordering the property.
In 1985 Sergio, their son and the great-grandson of Alberto, graduated from studying Oenology in
Alba and gradually started bottling instead of selling the grapes. During this time other small plots of land were purchased
and by 1993 all the grapes were being bottled at the vineyard.
and his wife Elena now own 10 hectares of land producing red grapes and 5 hectares producing white. They continue to
cultivate the vineyards carrying on the traditions inherited from the family whilst also using modern techniques.